Yes, I am a member of APDO (Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers) and I am bound by its code of ethics
I am registered with ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) for data protection.
I will not judge you or your home. My aim is to make you feel happy in your home after I have left.
Please don’t feel embarrassed, the fact that you are reading this should be seen as the first step to achieving your goals. I am here to help and guide you through your project.
Be open and honest with me so together we can achieve the right organisation system for you. Mentally prepare yourself for letting go of some items. There is no need to tidy up before I arrive, it’s best that I see where you most need help.
You need to be present for every decluttering session you book, so that I can always be guided by your decisions. Once the decluttering has taken place you may find you have plenty of storage space, so please don’t feel you need to make a purchase beforehand. We can discuss your storage needs at the end of each session.
It is best to prepare yourself for the idea of letting some items go. However I will not make you throw anything away that is important to you just to create a streamlined home. Your home needs to reflect your personality and I will organise around your ideals.
This depends on how much clutter you have, in how many rooms and how attached you are to your items. Decluttering can be an emotional and stressful task, so decluttering sessions usually last about four hours. I will keep you focused to achieve maximum progress during this time. You can decide on booking further sessions to either complete or tackle new tasks after this confidence boost
This will depend on each item thrown out. A lot of your items can go to a charity shop to be loved by someone else. We will also discuss the removal of some items via local businesses, freecycle or your local authority. I will advise you on what could be sold on the internet. Where possible, we will look at recycling the item before discarding at the tip. I cannot take your items to the tip for you as I do not hold a Waste Carrier’s Licence.
I will advise on how to maintain your well organised home and aim that after I leave, you will feel confident to achieve this yourself.
However, if you require my help again, please feel free to book a regular maintenance session; this way you can enjoy other aspects of your life without worrying about your home becoming cluttered and disorganised.
In order to help with your overall effect I am happy to clean surfaces, but I do not offer a cleaning service. However, I can suggest companies to use and suitable methods to maintain your spac
Following the government’s guidelines when working in other peoples homes, which can be found here;
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/homes I have set out the precautions I will take whilst working with clients in their homes.
· I will discuss with you prior to arrival, what you would like to achieve during that session. We can then plan the tasks and areas to work in, maintaining social distancing.
· I will ask that all internal doors are left open where possible to minimise contact on door handles.
· Confirm I am in good health and not displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 on the day of session.
· Upon arrival, I will wear a face covering and thoroughly wash my hands (for plus 20 seconds using hot water and soap) or wear gloves, (which will be disposed of after every session, provided by myself).
· I will always have tissues and hand sanitizer with me, paying particular attention to coughing and sneezing hygiene.
· I will increase the frequency of surface cleaning to reduce the risk of passing on infection. I will provide the antibacterial cleaner.
· Maintain social distance rules of 2m wherever possible within the home or work back to back where necessary.
· Leave all waste/recycling with the client as to avoid potential transmission of infection